Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Verizon Outage

Is your blackberry phone not working?

I heard there was a wide spread outage for BlackBerry users. I can't even call someone. The radio is off, and I can't get on the internet. I heard that the issue was resolved Monday but, not for me. This stinks. I have a blackberry curve. Forget the number. But, my service is verizon.

Anyone have a blackberry, is your phone not working?

I used to have Verizon, and the internet was fine, pretty fast, and I never had laggy Xbox live. One day we had an internet outage and a month after the internet outage was supposedly resolved, Verizon couldn't get ours running again (2 technicians came!). Anyways, we got fed up and switched to Earthlink. Our Earthlink Setup- we have a modem connected by cable in the basement, and our linksys router we bought connects to that. We connect, but the internet on the computer is seemingly quite a bit slower, Xbox Live is super laggy. We knew the connection would be slower, but not this much slower! Should it be this bad? My main concern is Xbox Live, I can deal with slow internet browsing, but Xbox Live is laggy to the point where it is unplayable. Would the router and modem being in the basement have anything to do with it? Can I call in and just request to be given a faster service at a higher fee, of course, and without them having to come in and set up some new thing or whatever? Please help. Thanks in advance :)

verizon outageMaking my Internet Faster? (I use Earthlink)?

It's been almost 48 hours and my internet hasn't been working, including all of my apps that use internet and BBM. If there isn't an outage, do I need to go to the verizon store?

Is anyone else experiencing an internet outage on their blackberry for verizon wireless?

i never dropped my phone, never got it wet, or anything. I have the lg voyager with verizon. My phone has been "searching for service" for a whole day. I cant tell whats wrong with it. I know its not an outage in my area because i have been around places, and i still dont get service. I cant make calls texts or recieve calls or texts. So that means i cant call *228 from my phone to fix it. I can still look through my phone and see my old text messages and contacts and pictures, but i cant text or call. Please help me, i need my phone to work. Its important.

My phone has been "searching for service" for a day?

It had worked previously, and currently, the email function works fine. I am with Verizon Wireless, have a data plan, and otherwise, have not made any changes. One variable is that the phone's internet connection stopped working during a power outage in my home, and once power was restored, the internet did not rectify itself and still does not work. Any ideas?

My blackberry curve 8330 smartphone cannot use the internet via the phone's browser?

I used their live chat and it's a nation wide outage. Don't change the channel or you will lose that box! And yes this is a question, I wanna see how many people are affected, and be sure to mention what area you live in. I'm in Northern Virginia

Anybody else having Verizon FIOS TV problems?

ok so theres a tad bit of a back story last night there was a short power outage here. i have verizon dsl. i have 3 computers 1 desktop hadwired, 1 laptop hardwired and one laptop wireless. i have a linksys wrt160N wireless N router. internet didn't work in the morning after the outage. so i called verizon then later linksys and verizon fixed the issue on their side and i can connect directly from the dsl modem. but when i run it into my router it does not connect to internet. i can get to the 198.162.2.1 linksys site thing to change setting when connect to router. so the router is not corrupt or anything. i tried everything like restarting router and modem resetting them both restarting computers we tried them all with the companies on the line. but it still wont work through router. they even gave me new ip or something PLEASE help what do i do to make it work, i've tried resetting it still wont work. now i sat on the phone for 5 hours with both verizon and linksys neither could help me with router issue without paying.

With Verizon Fios, does a corded telephone still work during a power outage?

I have a dell desktop and a few days ago my power went out. Since then, my dell desktop and router are not connecting. Everything is plugged in correctly but I keep getting the error message "Cable Not Connected". I got a new router today and I still get the same message so it has to be the computer. I have Verizon Fios, and it was working great before the power outage. Can you please walk me through how to fix this? ThxAlready got a new cable. I'll have to purchase a new card like you suggested. Where would I get one from? Also, where on the desktop does it go?

Dell desktop saying cable not connected?

I have a JVC AV-56P575. There was a power outage about a week ago, and my HD FIOS set top box was damaged. It worked through the HDMI port on my TV, but when changing the channel on my STB, it would lock up and crash. Video would freeze, no audio, and 'd01' would display on the STB. I immediately checked other devices on my TV via HDMI, and they worked. After getting in my new STB from Verizon, i hooked it up, and the TV shows 'No Program' when connected via HDMI or RGB/LR connectors, which i'm assuming are going through the HD converter board (if there is such a thing). Weird thing is, i can hear sound when using the RGB/LR connectors, but no video. With HDMI there is no video or sound. A have checked other devices via HDMI and RGB/LR on the TV, and they all produce the same symptoms. I am at a loss. I can get into the Service Menu, as shown here but these are different models, and the menu is different. Any help is appreciated. I cant afford a $100-$300 service call to get this fixed, and i dont want to pay extra/month for HD if i wont be able to use it.I am pretty savvy when it comes to electronics. If needed i could take the TV apart. The only "testing" equipment i have is a multimiter, but i believe the problem doesnt require a physical fix. I have also tested 4 different (new and used) HDMI and RGB/LR cables, all with the same symptoms.All my electronics are plugged into a surge suppressor of some sort (most everything, including my TV/STB are plugged into APC UPS'). I just tried to use HDMI again, and it looks like it's trying to get a signal from HDMI now: it flashes green/pink, then goes black, green/pink, black, and so on. I would like to try to just reset the HDMI from the Service Menu, but i cannot figure out how to do this with my model TV.

Submit Footage Clips to Shutterstock and make $$$!

No comments:

Post a Comment